It’s strawberry season once again!! Yay!
Fruit Salad with Custard always brings back festive memories for me. At my place, festivals not only bring all the new cloths and pooja but also the next day when all the fruits that were brought for the festival would end up in an amazing creamy custard.
I’ve been obsessing about Strawberry and Kiwi for a while now. they have this nice tangy flavour that go well with the nice sweet, creamy custard. You can almost add any fruit to this. Oranges, apples, sweet lime and grapes go into the usual mix.
- Cut the fruits to desired size. About half an inch or an inch would be ideal.
- Take a pot and add the milk to it and warm it.
- Then add sugar and stir until the sugar crystals dissolve, and all the condensed milk and continue stirring.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of milk in a cup, add the custard powder to it and mix well so that there are no lumps formed.
- Add the mixture to the milk and continue stirring and you can watch the custard thicken. Then turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Once the custard is cool, the custard would have thickened so lets just pop it in the blender.
- Blend well.
- Add the fruits to the custard and refrigerate for about two hours and serve.
- It’s best to have the custard a little runny than thick as it tends to thicken further when you refrigerate
- In case you find that the custard has thickened further then take a cup of milk and add 2-3 tablespoons of condense milk and stir well. Then add this mixture to the fruit salad with Custard and mix well.