Have you ever bought an ingredient because it looked interesting and had no clue what to do with it?
Yeah! The Shiitake mushrooms was that for me. I went shopping couple of weeks ago and found the mushrooms pretty fascinating, I had never seen dried mushrooms or probably never paid attention to it.
So, finally I decided to put it to use with this super filling soup.
- Cut the cabbage, carrot, and capsicum into large chunks, and cook them with salt.
- While the vegetables cook, put the Shiitake mushrooms in hot water and let them rehydrate for about 30-45 minutes. After that squeeze out the extra water, remove the stem and cut them up into thin strips.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, drain the water and let it cool. Save the water for later. Once the vegetables are cool blend them into a fine mixture.
- Take a large pot and heat it up. Add the oil, cinnamon and star anise and saute. Then add the blended mixture to it and add water and stir.
- Add pepper, mushrooms and grated ginger and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Serve Hot!