I don’t know why this is but I have always been fascinated by pasta. Two of my aunts would make such amazing creamy, mouth watering pasta and when I tried making it, it had turned out to be such a disaster and I had just given up on it. This was probably around the same time the instant pasta came into the markets, went on to that version of it and boy, did it fulfil my occasional pasta cravings.
After I joined Cucumbertown is the first time in year when I decided to make pasta again, and this give you a nice creamy cup of hot pasta. That’s perfect for Bangalore weather right now. The chilly yet sunny weather.
Also, when there is absolutely no cheese at home, then this is definitely the recipe to try out.
- Soak the cashews in water.
- Cut the potatoes, carrot, and onion into large chunks.
- Take a large pot with water and salt; cook the vegetables.
- Once the vegetables have cooked set aside to cool.
- Take one cup of elbow macaroni and cook till soft, drain and set aside.
- Once the vegetables and cool, Blend with the cashews.
- Take a large pot, add the blended mixture to the pot along with the cooked macaroni.
- Allow it to simmer and serve hot.
- While cooking the macaroni, please make sure not to over cook it. It needs to be soft and yet retain the shape.
- It case you want it a bit spicy, you garnish it with chilli flakes