With summer starting off at Bangalore, we are looking at a hot, dry summer this year. With the summer, all the cool drinks, smoothies, popsicles come out to help us deal with the heat.
The carrot milk is my mother’s speciality, it’s something she always makes during summer. When I used to come home all red and dehydrated after spending the whole mornings playing in the sun, there would be nothing more refreshing than a glass of cold carrot milk to get me all charged up to go back outside and play.
- Peel the carrots and cut it into large chunks and cook it in water till it is soft.
- Allow the carrot to cool, drain the water and blend it to a smooth paste with two tablespoons of water
- Take a large pot, add the milk and the carrot paste to it and bring it to boil.
- The add condensed milk to it and boil it for another minute and garnish it with the cardamom powder.
- Allow it to cool, refrigerate and serve cold.
- In case you want to make a sugarless version of this, you could exclude the condensed milk, and follow the rest of the instructions as is.
Do let me know what you think, follow the blog to be updated about the upcoming posts.